Monday, August 22, 2011

TRANSITIONING DREAMS


Good morning papa sun.  Goodnight mama moon.


I rise with the dawn to welcome the sun. My dreams were filled with symbols that I may never completely understand.  This reminds of a particular dream I had a few years ago.

I did nothing out of the ordinary, I read a few chapters from no particular book, the TV was on, as a backdrop, or soundtrack to the words in front me. I had no recollection when the TV went off or when I placed the book on the night table.


The spirit world is but a breath away

I simply found myself walking, freezing, in snow that was 3ft thick on the ground. Everywhere a blanket of whiteness made visibility difficult, I had no clue where I was going, or even when I was, but I became very aware of the large bag on my back.  I didn’t even know what it contained, but it was weighing me down and making movements particularly difficult.  I was thinking something profound, like my bag containing my heavy spirit at the time, but that is a different story.


When I am in trouble he is never far away

In front me, I heard his familiar howl, my spirit wolf suddenly appeared from this white world that engulfed me.  I was lost and afraid.  He was my familiar protector without a name. Huge and beautiful, bigger than the last time I saw him, with a more intense and darker grey coat. He walked up and nudged me, instinctively he was asking me to follow him.  But he wasn’t alone. Behind him, walking sure-footed, crunching the freshly fallen snow was a large cat, either a cougar or mountain lion, I didn’t know the difference. I jumped at first, and then realized he was a friend. A cat walking with a wolf. I smiled

Coming from the tropics, I knew my species of pot hounds, but this cat, wow, I didn’t quite know what signs to look out for.  His tanned coat was thick and beautiful, covered in flakes of white snow. He followed the wolf.  Pausing when he did, walking when wolf moved.


Wisdom comes in listening…

As I stood there admiring their strength. I heard a sound from above. A raven soared above, giving directions to my land friends, I just followed them. The wolf led us, I walked behind him and the cat walked behind me, while the Raven flew. I was taken to a cave. It was cold but warmer than the wind and cold outside. The wolf spoke, not in words, but in thoughts, he just looked at me and I heard him in his silence and wisdom.

              “You will be moving soon, physically and emotionally. Be prepared.
                                          This is necessary for this next phase of your life.”

I understood without having to ask any further question. The raven perched itself on a ledge inside the cave. I opened my bag and it held my favourite clothes and books. I looked at the wolf and snuggled between him and the cat.


Spirit travels before we physically do

It is only in its polarity that I understood that concept of feeling warm and safe, the contradiction of the freezing cold outside. Being left in the cold on many levels, now I understand warmth. I closed my eyes and slept. 

Three months later, I moved house, home and heart. The process would have been more difficult had I not been prepared.  This is a public gratitude and acknowledgment to my spirit animals…Wolf, Cougar and Raven.  







Photo taken from the following site:  http://grandfatherpeter.multiply.com/journal?&page_start=100

No comments:

Post a Comment