Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a sneak from the book

(a sneak from the book)

i’ve been meaning to write this poem since April

when the Poui trees came into bloom

and I don’t know you well enough

to sneak into your house and scatter

yellow Poui petals on your bed

won’t run the risk of being thrown out

by the length of my locks

that I will gladly trace your body with

or told ‘I just don’t feel the same,

but we can still be friends’

and although I may prefer another ‘f’ word

perhaps my mind and heart can get ahead of myself

maybe you’d tell me to ‘come here’

and in that case I’d scoop you up and

physically take you to this yellow bed-garden

welcome you with a kiss

day-dreaming until reality wakes me

you know I’d settle for friendship

after seeing the beauty of your soul

the purity of your heart

mind-flirting as I gaze into your eyes

pondering as to what your pillow-talk may sound like

and this is no silly school-girl crush

despite how it feels

heart unlocked

spread open exposing all that is delicate to me

and from where I stand

I will gladly be your wife.

© 2008 paula obè

2 comments: